Why Professional Counseling?
Counseling is professional guidance provided to resolve interpersonal conflicts and emotional and mental health problems. Professional Counseling provides an opportunity to individuals to discuss information in a private, comfortable, and non-judgmental environment.
Eight Reasons People Seek Counseling:
1. Aid in decision making.
2. When feeling overwhelmed, stressed, and/or depressed.
3. Resolve relationship conflicts.
4. Experiencing difficulty with life transitions.
5. Grief following to loss of a loved one.
6. Dissatisfaction with various life circumstances.
7. Problems parenting children and teenagers.
8. Support following trauma.
Five Benefits of Professional Counseling:
1. Privacy & Confidentially
2. Improvement in Mental and Emotional Health
3. Unbiased Counsel & Guidance
4. Development of Autonomy & Empowerment
5. Clinically Trained
Professional Counselors are trained to provide clinical therapy and counseling to individuals with major psychiatric symptoms. They utilize talk therapy and teach and train their clients coping techniques and symptom management to improve their functioning within their home and community environments. On a need basis, professional counselors will work with Psychiatrists and other medical professionals to coordinate care and best meet the needs of the individual.